Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My New Media Class - So Far

The internet is the root of the evolution of new media technologies. Without the invention of the internet, we would not be enjoying what we have right now.

Learning about these New Media technologies has helped me understand how the internet can be used as a powerful tool to spread vast information and provide various opportunities depending on anyone's objectives/ goals.

Virtual worls, MMORPGs, Social Networking Sites, Wikis, Web Televisions, Online Radios are all parts of new media technologies. They all evolved from Old Media which are the newspapers, magazines, books and most print publications, the radio.

Blogging, browsing through different Social Networking Sites and even Twittering (to update my status) were never the things I imagined for this class. This is the first time I have taken a hybrid course where some of the work are done using the computer and at the same time, having the traditional way of learning in the classroom preserved. Deadlines for homeworks have been set and one can do them on their spare time.

Learning in this course will depend on one's pace. Flexibility in learning is one advantage I had in this class. Working on wikis and communicating/having discussions with other students in the class using Twitter and Blogging is a good start to learn New Media, by actually using them.

2 comments:

  1. I think you have the wrong instructions. The professor updated the instructions. Just letting you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was aware of that. I did this blog before our professor changed the instructions. But yea, I actually added the last 2 paragraphs when I saw that she changed the instructions. Thanks, though. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete